Privacy & Cookies Policy
Tourbook CIC ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are registered in Scotland under company number SC531007 and have our registered office at Strongarbh House Strongarbh Road, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Argyll, Scotland PA75 6AG.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), We are the data controller.
Information We collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: this is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It also includes information you provide if you register to use our Tourbook software application which we make available to subscribers (“Tourbook Platform”), make use of the Tourbook Platform including by uploading content and participating in any interactive services using our Tourbook Platform and if you report a problem with our site or with the Tourbook Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information.
Information We collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our site and/
or to our Tourbook Platform, We may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information We receive from other sources: this is information We receive about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We may work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which We intend to use that information.
- strictly necessary cookies: these are required for the operation of our site. For example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site;
- analytical/performance cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region); and
- targeting cookies: these record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
information you give to us: We may use this information:
- to contact you, respond to any correspondence, email or call you have made to us or to provide the information you have requested from us;
- to notify you about changes to our Tourbook Platform, the services or functions available through the Tourbook Platform and/ or your subscription to our Tourbook Platform;
- to ensure that content on our site and on our Tourbook Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- for our business purposes or third parties’ business purposes.
- In respect of content which you make available on the Tourbook Platform, you are aware that other third parties (including other Tourbook users) will be able to access such content including information which may be personal. You consent to such other users accessing and using such content. In addition, we may permit third parties to access and use the Tourbook Platform for their own business purposes and this may involve such third parties having access to statistical information, which may be aggregated or non-aggregated, and may include information relating to you. You hereby consent to such third parties accessing and processing such information accordingly.
information We collect about you: We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- information We receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
- in statistical or aggregated form;
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We may store in your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use websites. Any aggregate information collected permits us to analyse traffic patterns on our Website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website. By continuing to browse our Website, you consent to any use by us of cookies in accordance with this policy.
The cookies We use
We may use the following cookies:
Accepting or rejecting cookies
Unless you indicate to the contrary, your use of our Website indicates your consent to any use by us of cookies in accordance with this policy.You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.